At Treehouse Eyes, it’s all about the eyes – the young eyes of our growing patients.
This Valentine’s Day, we were inspired to list the top 10 reasons we love eyes. Here goes, in ascending order of love –
10. Your retinas actually perceive the outside world as upside-down – your brain flips the image for you.
9. Your eye can distinguish between 50,000 shades of grey. 🙂
8. Eyes heal quickly. With proper care, it takes only about 48 hours to repair a minor corneal scratch.
7. An eye is composed of more than 2 million working parts.
6. A fingerprint has 40 unique characteristics, but an iris has 256, a reason retina scans are increasingly being used for security purposes.
5. Eyes heal quickly. With proper care, it only takes about 48 hours for the eye to repair a corneal scratch.
4. 80% of vision problems worldwide are avoidable or even curable.
3. 80% of what we learn enters our brains through our eyes.
2. Eyes are the second most complex organ after the brain.
And our top reason we love eyes is as simple as it is true – at Treehouse Eyes we absolutely love taking care of them!
As you can see, our eyes are pretty special. Take care of yours and your children’s eyes by getting frequent check-ups. If your child is myopic, learn more here about what you can finally do instead of just getting glasses to correct their vision.